11.23.2009

The beauty of Film


I feel that post processing of images has been taken too far over the last few years. Nothing you see is real anymore, maybe i'm a realist but i wonder when the art of photography changed from its original intention of 'replicating reality' till now with its ability to often appear 'more real' than reality itself. Don't get my wrong photoshop is great however i have been browsing over the photographers images that i like and have come to realise that i appreciate someone's ability to keep post processing to a reasonable limit but still produce images that are new and different. i have recently rediscovered my love of film for its beautiful aesthetic quality. I hope you enjoy the above image (the colour cast is a mixter of a flash gel and a broken scanner) which i have come across while searching for images on my hard-drive for an upcoming project.


No comments:

Post a Comment